10 beautiful garden designs on the roof of the house, build an impressive decorative green roof
Original designs of gardens to build on the roof of the house, models that combine different types of shrub and grass as well as circulations with wood and stone floors to create a cozy and unique place at home, also contributes with the decrease of CO2 in Cities and contribute in the urban planning of our city.
10 garden designs located on the roof of the house
1. topiaries shaped cones and a circular path surrounded by other varieties of plants, are the perfect frame to be used as a cozy green terrace center in the middle of the city.
2. Agree with your neighbors in the apartment building and create a spectacular roof garden in the Japanese style, for it must circulate skylights with a translucent white plexiglass with wooden frame and combining materials such as stone and wood floors, let’s see:
3. A good job of artificial lighting is important in the roof garden, the next model we see that has been added five blocks of retro illuminated glass and inside the boxes there are also points of light.
4. Like the art ?, give an artistic style to your garden ceiling in the next model we see that the pattern of the stone blocks remain on the lawn, at the top of the small hill has placed a bush size medium.
5. If you want to hide somehow the environment where your house is located then choose bushes bushy branches and hidden logs with smaller as in the following model bushes.
6. If you have a small space in the ceiling, turns that small corner in a place you will worship either for an afternoon of reading and / or reflection, small garden built with benches and wooden floor.
7. If you do not want to have large plants and shrubs in your garden can opt for a roof enclosure with wooden rods and a shiny floor due to moisture treatment (end some important tips gardens on roofs).
8. An alternative to classical garden is to build a small source of water and place aquatic plants, has a relaxing effect and all in the midst of the city.
9. Build a fire pit in the center of the garden is not a crazy idea, the roof of a house can also serve this purpose and provide a source of heat when you go up to the roof garden to rest at night (please check the requirements Must have a roof before deciding on this design).
10. If you love nature can finally choose to have all your green house roofs in this way your house will become eco friendly.
To keep in mind before building a garden on the roof of the house
- Roof strength , if you have a house built of reinforced concrete can support the weight of the soil and plants correctly, if your house is built with other materials such as wood would be better to see a structural engineer to see resilience .
- Impermeability , the roof must be properly waterproofed with special paints or plastic coatings before placing the earth.
- Type roof garden :
- Through trays, ideal if you want to make a roof garden fast and less maintenance as the water and soil are left inside the container.
- Treat the roof in such a way that you apply earth directly on it as if it were a garden on the ground, for this you must create an adequate drainage and waterproofing system that we have discussed above.
- Maintenance: pruning, watering and pay should be part of a monthly routine, you can reduce the time of care if you decide on a type of controlled irrigation to enjoy the greenery of plants every day of the year.
You can review the project of a modern two – story house which has created a garden on the roof, so it please go to: Garden designers melbourne.